Thursday, March 12, 2009

Wisdom toofs




Man evolution sucks, these things need to stop growing in people.

I was dreading this whole wisdom tooth extraction thing like crazy, the thought of having anything on my head (especially mouth) cut up was giving me so much stress and I was really panicking.

Well I had it done yesterday morning, and man I expected it to be far worse. When I got to the oral surgeon yesterday, I was about to shit myself from fear. They called me and my dad back, and they got me hooked up to the heart meter and all the vital stuff. Once they mentioned getting the IV, I heard the heart meter going faster and faster, I was embarrassed lol. Come to find out that was just nutrients for the operation, then the nurses were trying to be nice and calm me down. I remember the nurse giving me instructions on what to do after, and then the doctor came in, I talked to him a tiny bit, and then he said he will shoot the sedative into the IV. He said I should be knocked out in 3-5 minutes, but in about a minute I will start feeling the effects. Last thing I remember, is I heard my heart rate go up again, and as he shot it in I gave my dad a thumbs up. It took like 20 seconds and I was out cold lol.

Next thing I know I wake up, and I look around and only one of the nurses were in the room, it felt like I shut my eyes for 5 seconds. I had a whole bunch of shit in my mouth so I couldn't talk. They took all the equipment off of me, and they had to help me balance my way in the car. No pain yet, but I got home and had to switch out the gauze from my mouth every 30 minutes because it was bleeding like crazy. Then over the next 4 or so hours, the pain started to kick in, and damn it wasn't pleasant at all. BUT, it was far less worse than I expected. Samantha came over and spent the day with me, taking care of me, we watched a movie and I just laid around all messed up. She got me Mario Power Tennis for Wii and the entire Godfather movie collection which I have been dying to buy, thank you!

Today its really sore, painful if I move my jaw at all. But its all good. I thought not being able to eat solid food for 2 weeks wouldn't be a big deal, but I cannot make it any longer lmao. Soups just don't fill me up too well, and I don't feel comfortable chewing yet since it still hurts like hell. Time to spend another lazy day doing nothing :D

No comments:

Post a Comment